jeudi 30 juin 2011

Journal E.2: Musée D'Orsay


Musée D’Orsay was a very pleasant surprise! When I looked at the pieces online, I thought they were very beautiful but I figured I wouldn’t be able to see everything. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I got to see everything I wanted and more!

The Louvre is magnificent, but I think I liked Musée D’Orsay better because it is much smaller and easier to take. I also saw a lot more at Orsay than at the Louvre. The Louvre was stimulus overload and I don’t think I had enough time to take in everything (something that will take numerous visits). But at the Orsay I had enough time, and they had just enough collections, for me to take my time and appreciate everything.

I got to see Charles Cordier’s Negré du Sadan, and I was pleasantly surprised to know he made two other similar sculptures of African models. They were really beautiful. I like Cordier as an artist because his goal in art (after creating the African sculpture) was to capture the diversity in people. This was very rare given the time period (late 1800’s)!

I was also happy I got to see Van Gogh’s paintings! The Italian Women, A Starry Night, and La Salle de Danse Arles were among my favorites. His painting style was different which made me appreciate each of his paintings even more.

The only thing I didn’t like was the fact that we couldn’t take pictures! But all in all I was happy with my visit to the Musée!

(Oh Yeah: Me, Meredith, and Elizabeth are having a triple wedding the ball room!)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire