mercredi 29 juin 2011

E.2: Fete de la Musique is fun...

Fete de la Musique...what an experience. I have never witnessed anything like it. Nor have I ever heard of anything else similar to it. I feel fortunate enough to have experiences it, but I totally understand the non-fete de la musique lovers' point of view. If I have been sober, trying to get home from work, or havd a child I needed to take somewhere in the city with me, I would loathe it instead of loving it so. While I did not find it to be too difficult to get around (thank goodness)I can't even begin to imagine having a few bags of groceries with me to have to worry about stuffing into the metro with me.
During the festival, I kept thinking how crazy this whole thing is. It was like the whole city have turned into a bar/nightclub. I know there are mnusic festivals in the US such as Bonaroo but this was so much more (and better) than that concept. Tickets are terribly expensive and you live in tents for the duration of the festival (more or less). France has managed to create a musical holiday where Parisians let loose (in public no less) and drink obscene amounts of alcohol. And even better, you get to go back home at the end of the night. Oh, and yeah, IT'S FREE! Isn't that really just the best part about anything? Free fun and music in the city of Paris; a city usually filled with composure and class but for one night, it lets it's hairs down and let's loose for the sake of bringing free music to the public. What could be better?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire