jeudi 30 juin 2011

Journal E.1: French History

I think the history of France is very interesting. I’ve always hated history, but learning hands-on by going to the places and reading Cornbeau has made it very appealing. For example, it’s very interesting that more than 100 years after the French Revolution, France was just starting to become a republic! They started holding the first public elections and 90% of French citizens agreed that they needed a government, almost 558,000 people! That really surprised me because getting 90% to agree on something is usually impossible! That just shows that the French people felt really strongly about change!

I also thought it was ironic that the French were inspired by our revolution to start theirs, even though America was part of the reason they were angry in the first place. Part of the reason France was in debt was because they were trying to help us in our revolution, causing the French to raise their taxes.

About 120 years later, in the 1910’s I found it so interesting how close France and America were at one time. I thought it was so cute that France was so happy we became allies that they celebrated the 4th of July!

History is very fascinating and the fact that I’m getting hands-on learning experience is making it ten times better!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire