dimanche 26 juin 2011

Journal D.1: Adventures in Versailles


Versailles has by far been my favorite place we have visited so far. Ever since I saw the movie “Marie Antoinette” I have been dying to go there. I am a little fascinated with her, so it was really cool to see where the royal family lived, especially Marie Antoinette quarters.

Obviously, everyone know that The Palace of Versailles is beautiful, but seeing it in person is a whole different experience! One of my favorites was the Hall of Mirrors. Everyone who is close to me knows that I LOVE mirrors, so it wouldn’t be a surprise why it’s one of my favorite rooms in the palace. It’s absolutely breath taking. The mirrors and chandeliers, I felt like I was a princess in a Disney movie. I thought it was cool how Christina told us that mirrors were very expensive and that she compared to lighting a whole room with diamonds. The room really did remind of a diamond.

My other favorite place in the palace was Marie Antoinette’s bedroom. Her room was very girly and feminine with all the pinks and floral. I loved the fact that she changed her walls four times a year for each season!

My favorite part of the WHOLE trip to Versailles was going to see the Petit Trianon, it was so cute. Louis XV gave the chateau to Marie Antoinette when she was 19. I’m 19, and if that was ever given to me, I would never leave. I can see why she would go there to escape from the court and her responsibilities. The English garden surrounding the Trianon were beautiful and serine. Her village, Hameau de la Reine, it was so cute. I fell in love with it. The dairy farms and the farm house with the farm animals was a pleasant surprise. The architecture was beautiful; I definitely wouldn’t mind living there.

I have to go back to Versailles again. I loved it and was my favorite place so far. I took over 200 pictures from that one trip! I can’t wait to see more!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire