mercredi 22 juin 2011

D.2: Where are all the "big" people?

In the U.S.we very often run into obese children and adults. It has just become a way of life over there with all the larger than necessary food servings, driving everywhere, and less and less exercising. It is also something the U.S. has become known for as I've seen by the large sized servings here being called the 'american size'. The longer I've been here though I am noticing more and more that there really are no obese Parisians. Even though Paris and France in general have some of the richest food there is, with all the cream and cheese, they are some of the skinnest people I've ever seen as a whole city. It's not exactly unbelievable seeing as most Parisians walk or take a metro everywhere and can walk a few miles a day and climb lots of stairs, but when comparing their relative size to Americans it's a little disturbing that it's gotten so out of hand. I have also become more aware of portion size being here. Upon first arriving and going out to eat I would get nervous that I wouldn't get full and I'd have to go out and find a snack or something afterward. Once realizing that these portion sizes were just enough, I started to feel the difference in being full and being STUFFED like I normally an at home. My clothes have also followed suit and since being here I've had to start wearing a belt. So in my investigation I've come to the conclusion that there are no obese Parisians, they are too busy running around and eating proper meal portions to be large.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire