dimanche 26 juin 2011

Journal D.3: "Le Palais Garnier"


I really loved the Opera. Every time we go somewhere I say that place is my favorite, but so far the Opera is up there in my top favorite places we’ve gone so far! I loved the fact that before the Opera was built, Charles Garnier was an unknown architect and he won the competition to build the Opera.

The Grand Staircase reminded me of the Titanic, all the different colors of marble were eye catching. I also liked that the staircase brought people of different social and economic status together. The openness of the Opera also let women be able to walk around and be seen rather than stay in the box like in other Opera’s!

The foyers were also very beautiful but my favorite place was the Salon du Glacier. It’s in competition with the Hall of Mirros in Versailles, I can’t decide which one I like better. They’re both very beautiful. What I liked about the Salon du Glacier is the room is relatively modern, while still maintaining the traditional French architecture and usage of Greek gods. The ceilings were breath taking. It had dancing bacchantes and fauns.

The most debatable aspect of the Opera is the ceiling. Some people love it, some people hate it, there’s really no in between. I loved it! It wasn’t something you usually see in an Opera house. It’s very different, and for that I was immediately drawn to it.

All in all, I loved the Opera. It’s one of those places I will never forget. Even if I wouldn’t have taken pictures (which I did, by the way) each room would still be photocopied in my head.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire