dimanche 10 juillet 2011

Journal F.3: Looking Back on Paris

I had an amazing time in Paris. It's really an experience I will never forget. I had a great time. Of course there were little obstacles along the way. Like the whole incident where we had to run to the metro with all our luggage (I'm sure we can all look back and laugh at that). And when my original host mom ditched me (well not really, just forgot about me). But everything worked out for the better.

I took a lot from this experience. I met amazing people and also learned how to communicate. Not just in french, but in English as well. Before the trip, I found it hard communicate what I wanted, even in my native language. I'm a little shy, and sometimes antisocial! In Paris, I had to speak in a language that was foreign to me. Being required to speak in french has made it easier for me to communicate what I want in English!

It was hard for me to adjust to speaking French. It was a little intimidating at first, especially because a lot of people in the group had a strong back round in French and I did not. But I got over that intimidation and tried very hard. Though with my host Mom I did speak English, she always made an effort to speak to me in French.

This experience was fun, but I don't think I would go abroad in another country again. I was so homesick. I really really want to come here with my mom for a week or two and show her Paris. Most of my family have never been to Europe, let alone left the country before. I know my mom would really enjoy coming here and it was like she was living through me when I showed her the photos. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to experience such a different culture from my own. I hope one day I can see more of Europe and experience it with my family!

1 commentaire:

  1. I completely agree about move-in day! That was such a terrible and wonderful experience! Even though at the time it felt like we were going through Hell and back, I feel like I learned a lot about myself that day. I realized that I can handle stress while traveling, and I think Alex and Elizabeth learned that they can bench-press a suitcase! I'm sorry that you were so homesick! It's definitely hard to overcome that lonesomeness when you feel so alone in a foreign country. I hope that you are able to take your mom to Paris one day and show her all of the wonderful spots we grew to love!

    RépondreSupprimer