mardi 5 juillet 2011

F.3 Paris, je t'aime

When I think back to my time in Paris, one of the last things I feel is regretfulness. Life is too short to not do your best and live without regrets. I had a great time in Paris. I really did. I'm the kind of person who sometimes over thinks things or worries too much, so there is always a little part of me that feels like I could have done things differently or better. That little part of me may be right but considering how well things went and how great a time I had, it doesn't bother me much at all. It was my first time traveling on my own, so there is a lot that I learned for the next time I travel. There is quite a lot that I will take from the entire experience. I now want to seriously pursue learning French. Before the trip I had only flirted with the idea. I really want to become fluent now. I want to live and work in France, hopefully Paris. Again, I only flirted with the idea of moving to France or something along those lines, but now I see it has a much higher priority. Finding a French woman is somewhere on that list as well. I feel as though I put forth a respectable effort towards getting immersed in the culture and language. I tried very hard to meet the locals and do as the Parisians do. I paid good attention in my Sorbonne class and always had lots of questions for Madame Clay.
It's difficult to look back on the trip and sort of summarize it all into a journal entry. It definitely went better than I expected. I had a wonderful time. I really improved my French and got to experience the culture. I made some good friends along the way as well. I won't forget this trip.

2 commentaires:

  1. Michael, I most definitely agree with your thoughts about regretfulness. I think it is wasteful to spend your time agonizing over what you didn't do, and instead focus on what you did do. I think we have made memories to last a lifetime, and we will definitely have to return to Paris. This city has a special place in all of our hearts!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Ditto that! I think we all had things on our Must-Do lists that we didn't get to do, places we didn't get to see, and people we didn't get to meet. But we all DID do is explore Paris in our own way, seeing the things and doing what was important to us at the time. Like Elizabeth said, Paris is special to us, albeit in different ways, but we will always be drawn to the city. We will probably all at least visit later in life, but it would be fantastic if you could work there!

    RépondreSupprimer