dimanche 10 juillet 2011

F.3: My time (well spent) in Paris

I have more than thoroughly enjoyed my time spent in Paris, France. Although I don’t think I can properly put my feelings into words, I will try my best to do so…

For starters, I could not have been put with a better host mother, both for her general kindness and for my French knowledge level. She spoke fluent English but would say things in French and translate the bigger words she knew I wasn’t going to quite understand in English once she finished her sentences. This not only helped me with vocabulary, but it helped me with my long sentence comprehension I think. She was the nicest woman possible, which also gave me a good impression of French people overall. I don’t generally try to generalize people based off one person, but while living with her and getting such a good, positive vibe from her, it led me to get a good, positive vibe off other French people. I can’t remember ever having a bad experience with a French person who was rude or mean to me.

I enjoyed my time so much in France, from my host family, to my Sorbonne professor who was a very lovely, sweet woman, to the new friends I’ve made. Not only did I have good experiences with French people, I had amazing interactions with our Clemson group. I feel as though I have made some good, new friends for life.

What I am NOT enjoying is being back in the United States…Yes, I admit, I missed home a little, but right now I miss Paris more. Even though my last week in France was spent in a rather un-luxurious hotel room with my fiancé, we still enjoyed it so very much. And it IS nice to be back in a normal sized, comfortable bed, but I’d sleep on a hard, tiny bed any day of the week if it meant I could be in Paris for a little while longer.

1 commentaire:

  1. I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience with Fleur and Anne! That's really cool how Anne would help you with your vocabulary! And the way in which she tried to teach you difficult words is so ingenuous! They seem like dolls! And yes, I found that once I got back to the US, I not only appreciated Paris more, but I found that I would do just about anything to go back! I hope that you and Nick had a wonderful final week!

    RépondreSupprimer