vendredi 20 mai 2011

A.1 Excited For Paris!!!

T minus 5 days until I will be in Paris, France!  I am so excited and ready to embark on this opportunity of a lifetime.  I've looked up my home-stay and most of the prominent places in Paris through google maps.  Its amazing what technology can do nowadays.  I feel that what I've seen through google maps does not do the city or the sites I've seen justice.  I can't wait to see these places for myself in just a few days.  While I am very excited to be living in Paris for 5 1/2 weeks, I am also nervous.  I find myself wondering what my host family will be like and if we will get along. (Hopefully so!)  I am nervous about the Sorbonne class and I hope it will not be too hard for me and that I place in the correct level for my ability.  I am also worried about being safe while I am in Paris and Europe in general.  I feel that I live in a bubble here in the US, and I'm not completely aware of life outside of the US.  I know it will be different, I just hope to adapt and try to blend in with my surroundings so I don't completely stick out as an American.  On a more positive note, I can't wait to experience the french culture and way of life.  I've been studying the french language for 12 years and I am so excited to finally see everything I've learned and studied over the years.  I have my camera, french dictionary and walking shoes ready.  I'm looking forward to the trip of a life time! 

1 commentaire:

  1. I am more amazed each year Alex at all the fun stuff we have at our disposal in cyberspace! Just remem. everyone else is just as nervous (and I was totally nervous my first time) but all will be well! And honestly even my times where there were certain things which weren't exactly wonderful - every time over has been absolutely worth it - there is so much to it that one little thing will not make a big difference. And family problems are pretty few and far between but if worse comes to worst and someone really doesn't click with their hosts just remem. you won't be there much probably! I love your bit about seeing the FR/culture up close after studying it so long - there are still things now which I notice and make me smile (sometimes ruefully but still) about the culture here.

    RépondreSupprimer